- BU/Team Kickoff Meeting – discuss the process, verify teams, and review the current “baseline” license allocation plan based on our evaluation experiences. IT will schedule this kickoff meeting with each project before August 14.
- Detailed Licensing Plan – revise license seat types based on special needs, review installation process, train process, set final schedule
- Create and Verify Projects – VSO projects (Agile and CMMI) created for each verified license plan, connectivity verification, build process/lessons learned review, SharePoint Team Site Established
- Client Tests – Final project connection test
- Source and Doc Migration – Code migrated to VSO, Documentation and artifacts migrated to new Team Site
- Build Process Verification – Confirm successful builds
It was starting to look like a close race for first place between Stephen Lind and Javier Rosales this past week (Javier was less than 40k steps behind Stephen on Monday) but it looks like Stephen isn’t going to give up the title that easily who has now widened the gap by 51k steps which is about 10 miles. I bumped into Javier while walking back from lunch yesterday who said that he was planning to do as much work as possible on his laptop while walking the treadmill over the next few days. But unless he pulls off a minor miracle over the next 40 hours, our probable winner this year will be Stephen Lind who represents the NGB DRRS team in Northern California. The challenge ends at midnight local time, tomorrow, 8/21/15 and official winners will be announced next Monday.
It’s been an exciting challenge this year with many competitors working hard to step-it-up for two great causes. In addition to the $100 match, we’re planning to award all participants who raise at least $100 for charity to keep their shiny new Apple Watches, Microsoft Bands and Fitbits plus some great prizes for several categories. Please help the remaining few employees and fellow team members make it to their $100 mark by pledging today.
Last week on August 11, our National Guard Bureau (NBG) staff from all regions gathered at NGB HQ in Washington DC to meet with the NGB J359 Readiness Division. We presented our latest NGB Dashboard Proof Of Concept to LTC Daniel C. McCarroll who is the represents the Chief, Global Force Management and Readiness Office. He was very impressed and is working on bumping up our funding. We also discussed possibly using the POC live at the next All-Hazards conference in New Orleans next March which could help turn this program into a program of record and long term contract.
On Wednesday evening, Obie Spratling hosted a great dinner and party at his house in Clinton, Maryland where I was able to talk with each of the MSC participants. Stephen Lind shared his secret for staying in first place throughout the entire challenge: He consistently walks at least an hour every morning before work, is active throughout the day and then walks another 90 minutes after work. Pretty amazing discipline! Good luck Stephen and don’t let up yet…
NGB MSC Participants (left to right): John Sobutka (Boston, MA), Chris Wollerman (San Diego, CA), Duane Johnson (Atlanta, GA), Michael Graves (Peoria, IL), Jose Castro (Austin, TX) and Stephen Lind (Sacramento, CA)
More photos from NGB Party Here
- New Help System – we now have professional tutorial videos, context sensitive help and a new support web site to help new users learn all of the advanced features of the program. This will help us prepare our product launch to commercial customers this fall. Simply click on the help ‘?’ icon in the upper right corner of any window to explore this extensive new system.
- New Notification system for performance management module – helpful reminders are now automated to keep everyone on track with plans and deadlines.
- Print features for performance management module and goals – for those who prefer to hold face-to-face agreements and appraisals without technology getting in the way, the new print features have some great looking reports that are formatted for optimal usage.
- Mobile Web Optimization and extended features – many enhancements and fixes have been implemented to optimize the user experience on a wide variety of devices including Apple, Android, Windows phones and tablets. Most modal forms have been replaced!
- Today Task filter and UI updates – manage and find all of your tasks and reminders easily with this handy new set of features.